Volunteering at Vancouver Island MusicFest is an incredible opportunity, an amazing good time, and a privilege. Our success is due in large part to the contributions made by Volunteers. Volunteers are required to contribute at least 16 hours of service if Volunteering during the Festival and 24-40 hours of service if Volunteering for a
Pre-Festival/Post-Festival Crew. Volunteers must:
- Be 19 years or older. Persons under 16 can volunteer only if they are working with their parents/guardian (approved by the Crew Coordinator). All volunteers 16-19 years old must fill out a Youth Waiver.
- Fulfill all responsibilities and complete all shift commitments. Attend your crew meetings – if you must miss a meeting, find out what was discussed and get copies of any information distributed.
- Make arrangements for the care of your children while you are on duty.
- Be a positive representative of the festival community. Be respectful, friendly, thoughtful, helpful and honest with the public, the performers and fellow volunteers.
- Consume NO alcohol before or during a shift or while wearing a crew shirt or volunteer ID. All alcohol must be consumed in designated areas (beer gardens or private campsites). Volunteers under the age of 19 will refrain from ANY use of alcohol at VIMF. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave.
- Inform yourself about the Festival. Know the site layout, read the handbook.
- Do not use for your own advantage any property or monies belonging to VIMF.
- If you have problems or concerns about the safety or security of the event or people involved with the event – immediately communicate with your Crew Coordinator or the Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Rights and Benefits
- Weekend pass for the event. On a daily check in system.
- Camping in the Volunteer Campground.( You must be 19+ to camp without a legal guardian)
- Access to five meals on site.
- Ability to buy festival t-shirts at a reduced price and attend Volunteer appreciation events.
- Be treated with respect, be properly informed of and where required, trained for your roles and responsibilities.
- Be provided with any necessary equipment and supplies.
Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to participate in the VIMF festival family and help to organize a world class music festival in your community.