Past Volunteers will be contacted by February 1st, 2020 by their crew coordinator.
The 2020 Volunteer application will be available February 1st, 2020.
The Volunteer Camping Link will be sent to you by your Coordinator April 1st.
Volunteer Shuttles – Please see the Volunteer Handbook for shuttle times and locations.
Additionally, there is the Destiny River Festival Express that is a $2 ride each way, from the same park & ride locations. A full schedule for the shuttle will be available in the Volunteer Handbook.
2020 Volunteer Handbook coming May 2020!
There is a bike-lockup on site if you wish to ride down.
Bike Lockup Hours of Operation:
8:00 am – 1:00 am Friday through Sunday.
Parking is available on a first-come, first-parked basis – free parking is available at Comox Sports & Recreation Centre, or $5 parking is available at Vanier School.
Volunteer Check In & Getting Your Volunteer Credentials
VOLUNTEER CHECK IN HOURS:
|Wednesday||July 8||1:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||July 9||9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.|
|Friday||July 10||6:30 a.m.– 9:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||July 11||6:30 a.m.– 9:30 p.m.|
|Sunday||July 12||6:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m.|
Volunteer Check-in is located at the Curling Club parking lot off of Headquarters Rd at the Comox Valley Exhibition Grounds. Be sure to give yourself time to park and walk.
All volunteers must check in each day to receive a new wristband – this ensures that their shift hours have been fulfilled. You will be checking in under your Crew Name – be sure you know the name of your crew and your Coordinator’s name in case of a problem.
Make sure you have everything you need with you, too (ID, shoes, sunscreen, water bottle, medications, etc). We need you onsite during your shift, so if you’ve forgotten things, that really impacts the rest of your crew. There is a lockup on site in the Volunteer Hospitality tent for Volunteer personal effects.
There are 2 campgrounds at VIMF. Volunteer Camping and Public Camping. Public camping is paid only (even for volunteers). You are welcome to camp there but you must pay the same as our public campers. If you camp in Public Camping you must have already checked in as a volunteer and have your volunteer wristband – otherwise you will be asked to purchase a weekend pass before being admitted.
Volunteer Camping is for MusicFest volunteers and your partner/spouse and your dependent children (ONLY if they are too young to volunteer – otherwise they should be volunteering!) Volunteers camping in the volunteer campground will be required to register in advance of the event. Please check with your coordinator for more information.
The Volunteer Camping link will be sent to all volunteers by their crew coordinators. If you have not received the Volunteer Camping link, please contact your Coordinator.
All non-volunteering guests MUST hold a weekend pass.
To get access to the volunteer campground, you must have your volunteer credentials (so check-in first!) and your guests must check in at the same time as you. All campers in Volunteer Camping must be registered in advance. Please request the registration form from your coordinator if you have not received one.
Safety and Courtesy:
NO open fires, tiki torches or open flame. Candles or lamps must be in fireproof containers. We are in a dry grassy pasture…use a container for your butts! If you have a propane stove (inside RV or outside) you MUST bring a fire extinguisher.
Ensure guidelines and structures do not block fire lanes.
NO drum circles, amplified music or canned music are permitted ANYWHERE at ANYTIME in the campground.
NO pets are permitted anywhere in the campgrounds at any time. This includes during set up and tear down.
Campers must remove their own garbage and recycling throughout the weekend and take to provided central waste stations. Please keep your camping space clean and community minded.
You are responsible for the safety and security of your belongings at MusicFest. Leave your toys at home, lock up your valuables, and secure your food and beverages.
Campers who do not demonstrate care for self, care for others, and care for the festival WILL be asked to leave or be removed from the campground and will have their camping passes revoked. Camping at VIMF is a privilege. Dangerous or obnoxious behaviour will NOT be tolerated.
Because the number of camping volunteers is increasing and the campground is not, we have to give priority to out of town volunteers.
Be mindful of your camping footprint – there are a lot of people who camp in volunteer camping and we want there to be adequate space for everyone.
Grey Water holding tanks will be located by the porta-potties for campers to dump their dishwashing waste water into.
**BAG CHECKS WILL BE PERFORMED FOR GLASS AND ALCOHOL ON ALL BAGS EXITING THE VOLUNTEER CAMPGROUND.
Volunteer Camping Checkin:
|Wednesday||July 8||3 pm—9 pm|
|Thursday||July 9||10 am—5 pm|
|Friday||July 10||10 am—2 pm|
***Foot traffic with tent entrance only after 2 pm Friday. Due to safety issues that vehicles may create with high foot traffic, vehicles ARE NOT permitted after 2pm Friday.
If you wish to camp in Volunteer camping you must register in advance of arriving.
- Preregistration does not ensure you a space within volunteer camping. We will do our best to accommodate you however if it reaches capacity we have to close the gates.
- Priority is going to have to go to out of town volunteers in trying to place them as they will have no other option of a place to stay.
- We have very limited rv and trailer space therefore when the allotted space is reached through registration it will be closed down. If it is closed please do not arrive with a trailer or rv and try to get in.
- Due to space we must limit the size of camping units to a maximum of 27ft (hitch included). If you arrive with a camping unit larger than 27 ft( hitch included) you will be denied access to the campground.
- If your spouse or children will be camping with you and are not volunteers they must hold a valid weekend pass, you must enter the ticket number into the registration form for your registration to be confirmed.
- If you do not plan on camping do not complete the form! This gives us false information and some campers may be turned away because we think there isn’t room when there actually is.
- Only RV, tents or sleeper units will be allowed access to the campground. No extra vehicles will be permitted. You will have to haul your gear in with equipment provided by The Volunteer Campground Hosts.
- Volunteers under 19 must have an adult registered and staying with them all weekend.
- You may have non volunteer guests visit your campsite between the hours of 8:00am-8:00pm. You must be with them to sign them in and out at the camping entrance. Non volunteer guests must have a weekend pass to visit. We cannot allow anyone with a one day pass access to the campground.
- There can be no vehicles around the perimeter fence.
- If you have a trailer your tow vehicle must be removed from volunteer camping.
There is a safe lockup trailer run by the campground hosts where valuables can be checked in and locked safely throughout the weekend.
Please DO NOT attempt to remove Trailers or RV’s before Monday morning. When you are in you are in until Monday.
There are no shower facilities on site. There are shower facilities at the Comox Valley Sports Centre on Vanier Drive during the following hours:
- Thur Jul 9th – 7:00 am – 8:30 pm
- Fri Jul 10th – 7:00 am – 6:30 pm
- Sat Jul 11th – 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Sun Jul 12th – 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Mon Jul 13th – 7:00 am – 6:30 pm
Cost is $2.50 * must wear wristband
Food & Drink
Our fabulous volunteer kitchen serves up a meal on Friday evening and Lunch & Dinner on Saturday and Sunday (see Volunteer Handbook for menu). There will be vegetarian/vegan options available. However, if you have other dietary needs (gluten, raw, etc…) please be prepared to look after your own nutritional needs for the weekend. It is almost impossible to meet individual needs when catering for 1400 people! We also have a hospitality tent that offers a nice place to have some quiet time and beverages for in between meals.
|Friday, July 10||Dinner 5 -7||Teriyaki Chicken or Veg Stir-fry on Rice w/ fresh fruit & Cookies|
|Saturday, July 11||Lunch 11 -1||Chipotle Chicken or Tex-Mex veggie wraps|
|Dinner 5 -7||Beef or Veg Burger w corn on the cob, Green Salad, Fresh Fruit & Cookie|
|Sunday, July 12||Lunch 11 -1||Ham & Cheese Kaiser or Mediterranean Quinoa Wrap w Fruit & Cookie|
|Dinner 5 -7||Beef Dip or Falafel in Pita/ Tzsatziki, Broc Salad, Green Salad|
Please be sure to bring a water bottle (we will not provide disposable water bottles), warm clothes for the chilly evening, a hat, sunscreen and any medications you might need.
Staying in Touch
If you have other questions be sure to ask your Crew Coordinator. You should know who they are (their name), the name of your crew and how to get ahold of your crew coordinator (email or phone).
If all the great information above doesn’t answer your question, you can email our Festival Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve any confusion