2020 Camping passes will be available March 15th @ 8:00am
You must have a weekend pass to camp.
Weekend passes & camping passes are 2 separate tickets.
ABSOLUTELY NO PETS ALLOWED ON SITE INCLUDING CAMPGROUND.
REMEMBER ONLY ONE CAMPING UNIT PER TICKET.You may have up to 6 people camping in your camping unit, however you can not set up additional tents or park additional trailers to accommodate everyone. You must purchase a camping pass for every camping structure.
THE CAMPGROUNDS ARE LOCATED AT:
COMOX VALLEY EXHIBITION GROUNDS SITE
4839 Headquarters Rd, Courtenay, BC V9J 1P2
Our venue is situated on a pastoral acreage bordering the forested banks of the Tsolum River. We provide camping opportunities for RV’s, campers, camper vans and tents. This ‘rustic camping’ environment welcomes festival goers and gentle jammers who are willing to be respectful, peaceful and neighbourly.
Camping is open to festival goers who are willing to engage in a camping community where mutual respect, caring and calm prevail. Loud or aggressive campers are not welcome.
Please note: You must have a weekend pass to camp. Three individual day passes combined will not enable you to camp.
What you need to know before you purchase camping online.
- Be sure you have purchased your weekend Pass.
- All rental trailers being delivered must purchase Dove Creek Camping Only. We do not allow the rental companies to deliver to other areas of the campground.
- Only 6 people allowed per camping unit. If there are more than 6 people you will have to purchase a second camping ticket for a second camping unit.
- Only 1 camping unit per camping ticket allowed.
- A Camping registration link will be emailed to you after you have purchased a camping ticket. This may take up to 2 weeks after you purchase a camping pass.
- Carefully read registration instructions.
- Register each person staying in your camping unit.
- Each camping unit must have its own registration form, if you have purchased 2 camping tickets for 2 trailers each trailer will have to be registered. Your camping ticket is not a registration.
- All additional wristbands must be paid for upon initial arrival at the camping gate.
- All tow vehicles must be removed from the campground.
- Vehicles may not drive in and out of campground after setup.
- Disabled Access Campsites are available to purchase online. Disabled Access Campsites are for persons with mobility issues only!
- We have 4 areas you can purchase in the Campground please ensure you read the camping tickets carefully before purchasing to make sure you have purchased in the correct area.
- INNER FIELD CAMPING – available Spring 2020
- FAMILY CAMPING -available Spring 2020
- DOVE CREEK CAMPING – available Spring 2020
- DISABLED ACCESS CAMPING (for persons with mobility concerns only, a valid Sparc card or access 2 card is required) – available Spring 2020
Camping placement is still first come first serve for individual sites however this ticket does ensure placement within the area you have purchased for.
If you rent a trailer and have the company drop it off, your only option for camping is in Dove Creek Camping Area. All rentals are dropped off to an assigned area ahead of time.
Every member of the camping party must have a weekend pass to gain access to the campground.
Be organized upon arrival, have your weekend passes, your camping ticket, a copy of your registration form and if possible all members of your camping party with you at the camping box office as we must place the wristbands on everyone.
If for some reason a member of your party can not be with you at arrival make sure they have their weekend pass, a copy of the registration form and their id.
If your camping party should change before the event please do not resubmit a registration form. Simply alert the box-office at time of arrival and they will make the changes within the system, or send us an email in advance and we will update the form.
If you plan on taking part in the “Early Arrivals” Program on Wednesday July 8th make sure you purchase the ticket for this as it is a separate cost.
The Camping Crew will be checking the size of Camper you bring and you will be responsible for any difference in price based upon size of RV.
Disabled Access Campsites (camping sites reserved for people with mobility concerns) are available in the Inner Field area on a first come first serve basis. You must have a valid Sparc card or Access 2 number to purchase Accessible camping. If you do have this identification please contact the office during business hours at 250-871-8463 to discuss options.
Campsites are limited to 6 persons and assigned an ID #. If you have more than 6 campers with you – you will be asked to purchase and register a second site.
Only one tent or camping unit is permitted per camping ticket.
Campers can register and reserve an adjacent site (bring your own tarps or tape) but they must pay the fee in full and leave FULL NAMES at the Camping Box Office. If you are taking part in the “Early Arrivals” program you cannot tarp or tape off adjacent site(s) unless you have paid the “early arrival” fee for each site. Latecomers must supply ID to claim their wristbands. All wristbands must be paid for upon initial entry into the campground, whether all are present or not.
All sleeping structures and shelters must display an ID numbered camping tag or they will be removed.
2020 Camping Prices:
Family Camping And Quiet Camping
VIMF offers a special area dedicated for campers who want to camp in a family friendly zone. This area is available on a first come first serve basis and is intended to create a gentle mellow space for our campers who don’t do the “full on all night jammin’ till the sun comes up”. Please keep in mind that this is a campground with thousands of campers. Vancouver Island MusicFest can make NO guarantees regarding totally quiet and peaceful night’s sleep. This is a festival and music and merriment will be made. Please remember to bring ear plugs…a cheap and easy solution for all ages!! We have them for sale as well.
All ages are warmly welcome; however minors camping (under 19 yrs of age) MUST be accompanied and supervised by an adult aged 25 or older or with a legal guardian. In addition, there is a limit of 4 minors per adult who will be responsible for the actions of the minors under their care. Underage campers cannot register to camp or receive a wristband without the being accompanied by an adult. That adult must be camping WITH THEM for the weekend. We reserve the right to ask for proof of age. Bring your ID. Aggressive, loud or disrespectful behaviour and drunkenness will not be tolerated. Disregard for these guidelines will result in you being asked to leave (or removed by security or RCMP) from the campground.
Tow vehicles for RV’s must be removed from the campground. There is free parking available for tow vehicles. Maximum one secure lock up or sleeping vehicle permitted per tent site. Additional parking is available in a designated area for $20.00. No vehicles are permitted in or out of the Campground while the festival is running. Once you’re in – you’re in!
Drinking Water stations are set up throughout the Campground. This is an ‘unserviced’ campground. No RV hook-ups are provided. Garbage, recycling, porta potties, wash stations for dishes and potable water are available at central locations. Please use the facilities provided. Do not put any human waste or throw dirty water/food water in the bushes. Please DO NOT use any soaps or cleaning products in the pristine salmon bearing river!