Hey there all of you keen MusicFest Volunteers! We have closed the online Volunteer Application Form as we are now really close to the Festival. However, we are still looking for several choice Volunteers for the following Crews:
Volunteer Security – Public Camping Josh Jackson 250-218-9129
Volunteer Security – Mainbowl Deb Mclachlan 250-703-3418
Traffic and Parking Chris Hume 778-585-0793
If you are interested in Volunteering for any of these Crews, please either call the Coordinator listed next to the Crew or come down to the MusicFest site after 1:00pm on Wednesday, July 6th and go to Volunteer Check in to fill out a Volunteer Application form and talk to one of the Coordinators.
Thanks and hope to see you there for the best MusicFest yet!
|Traffic & Parking||Minimum Hours required- 16||Patient; Good communication skills; Works well dealing with high traffic volume|
|Vol Security – Main Bowl (19 years or older)||Minimum Hours required- 16||Good communication skills; May require late night/early morning shifts|
|Vol Security – Public Camping (19 years or older)||Minimum Hours required- 16||Good communication skills May require late night/early morning shifts|
A few things to note:
Volunteering at MusicFest!
- Returning volunteers will be contacted directly by their Crew Coordinators from last year (or a new Coordinator of their Crew from last year) before February 1st. If you have not heard from your Coordinator by February 1st please send the Volunteer Coordinator an email.
- If you did not volunteer for MusicFest last year but have volunteered in previous years you will need to fill out a volunteer application form for this year.
- If you are a returning Volunteer who wishes to apply for a different crew this year, please contact your Coordinator from last year to let them know. You will then be required to reapplythis year for the new crew of your choice.
- Some of our crews are marked as self – recruiting. Please do not apply for these crews unless you have been recruited by the Coordinator and know the Coordinators name. If you were not recruited and still apply for one of these crews, you likely will not be placed on this crew and may be rerouted to a different crew that you did not apply for.
- If you have been recruited by the Coordinator of a self – recruiting Crew, please list the Crew name and Coordinator name in the appropriate fields. When prompted to fill in first and second choice Crews on the application please click on the ***** if the corresponding Crew is not available.
If you are 16-19 years of age (new or returning) and have already applied as a Volunteer you will need to have a youth waiver signed by your parents or guardian and submit it to your Crew Coordinator.
- If you plan to camp in the Volunteer Campground you will be required to complete the Volunteer Camping Registration in advance of the Festival. Your Crew Coordinator will be emailing the link to you on April 1. If you plan to camp in the Public Campground you will be required to pay regular public camping fees. Public camping goes on sale March 1st and are available online only.
Once you are a volunteer with us, have a look at the 2016 Volunteer Handbook for more helpful information.
Check out some volunteers in action: