Thanks so much for your interest in volunteering with Vancouver Island MusicFest. Volunteers are the backbone of our organization. We welcome over 1300 volunteers to our team each year and try to place as many new volunteers as possible. If we can’t place you this year, please contact us again next year!
Our 2016 Volunteer Application will be posted on February 15th.
A few things to note:
Volunteer at MusicFest!
- Returning volunteers will be contacted directly by their Crew Coordinators from last year (or a new Coordinator of their Crew from last year) before February 1st. If you have not heard from your Coordinator by February 1st please send the Volunteer Coordinator an email.
- If you did not volunteer for MusicFest last year but have volunteered in previous years you will need to fill out a volunteer application form for this year.
- If you are a returning Volunteer who wishes to apply for a different crew this year, please contact your Coordinator from last year to let them know. You will then be required to reapply this year for the new crew of your choice.
- Some of our crews are marked as self – recruiting. Please do not apply for these crews unless you have been recruited by the Coordinator and know the Coordinators name. If you were not recruited and still apply for one of these crews, you likely will not be placed on this crew and may be rerouted to a different crew that you did not apply for.
- If you are 16-19 years of age (new or returning) and have already applied as a Volunteer you will need to have a youth waiver signed by your parents or guardian and submit it to your Crew Coordinator.
Click here for youth waiver (available Feb 15)
- If you plan to camp in the Volunteer Campground you will be required to complete the Volunteer Camping Registration in advance of the Festival. Your Crew Coordinator will be emailing the link to you. If you plan to camp in the Public Campground you will be required to pay regular public camping fees. Public camping goes on sale March 1st and are available online only.
Check out some volunteers in action: